Jos Olgers is originally a social worker. In 1984 he received his first clients in his hypnotherapy practice. A few years later he was asked to give lessons and training in hypnosis and regression therapy and Voice Dialogue.
Together with Bertien van Woelderen he founded the 'TranceArt Academy fo Hypno- and Regressiontherapy'. Since 1999 one can study hypnosis and regression therapy at HBO level there. In 2014 the academy changed hands.
Jos Olgers has been an honorary member of the NBVH (Dutch Professional Association of Hypnotherapists) since 2017.
Jos Olgers is author of 4 handbooks for therapists:
1. Handboek Hypniotherapie (Handbook Hypnotherapy) (3rd edition 2020);
2. Medische Hypnotherapie (Medical Hypnotherapy);
3. De Binnenwereld Spreekt (The inner world speaks);
4. Afvallen met Hypnotherapie (Losing weight with Hypnotherapy);
5. Profiel van de Therapeut (Profile of the Therapist), expected in autumn 2020.
Working with a monitor deserves a different approach than working in the practice room.
In addition, there is a chance that communication will be broken. There are practical points
of attention to give a session a comfortable embedding.